Read the set-up below and then read the monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered.)
1. Bieneke gave a speech and her stream was story telling. She told the story “The Three Billy-Goats Gruff” where the three billy goats try to cross the bridge, and the troll under the bridge would say in a loud voice “Who is walking over the bridge?”
2. When she told this story, she acted how the goats crossed the bridge.. like *trip trip trip* she made this sound and acted like walking.
3. Jan talked about solar panels, their advantages and try to persuade us that solar panels are better than electricity. He told electricity cost went from 2 cencts to 22 cents per unit in 10 years time.
4. Chris gave a speech about “what do you want from life?” and “Fear of public speaking”. In his presentation, he showed a pic of audience whose face coated with blood. He told, “you don’t want audience like them.”
5. Marcel told that if you want to show the audience that you are confident, smile while speaking.
1. I attended a wedding last week, where they announced that a bomb was planted by terrorists somewhere there. Panic. Panic. Panic Everywhere. Everyone started running. The bride fell over and people ran over her in panic. I loudly said, “Who’s going over the bride?”
2. People were screaming “Save me.. save me.. save me.” I went to one of them and asked, “Do you want solar panels? I’m sure it’ll save you…… 22 cents per unit”
3. They were busy running. They didn’t answer my question. They didn’t speak at all. I thought to myself, “maybe, they have fear of public speaking.”
4. Some of them smiled. I thought they were very confident.
5. I saw Chris there, standing in the corner, taking photographs of the people filled with blood, which is the same pic that you saw during his presentation.
6. It was very strange that some of them weren’t running. They were just walking. Like *trip trip trip* (Doing that action, I said “Thank you” and left the stage)