Read the set-up below and then read the monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered.)
1. Today is Halloween. And the word of the day was Halloween too.
2. Bieneke was the table-topics master. She gave all 3 participants a dog (not real one) and asked them to speak on that.
3. Mario, one of the table-topics participants told that in some parts of America, they staple dog’s tail.
4. Our club has 17 members. Our club president Zhou was asking us what change we would like to have in our club, for which someone told that we need more women in our club. Someone told that we need more people in the club. Someone told that we need members who stay longer in the club.
5. Rohit gave a speech on the topic ‘Diwali – The festival of lights’. He told the story of Rama, Sita, Ravana. i.e. Ravana abducting Sita, and Rama assassinating Ravana.
6. Zhou gave some abbreviation for S.U.C.C.E.S.S – Sincerity etc.
1. Good evening Toastmaster of the evening, fellow toastmasters, guests, and 3 dogs of Bieneke.
2. We need more members in our club. We should do something to increase the head count. I say, we invite Ravana to our club.
3. If you are wondering why Ravana had 10 heads, he was just celebrating Halloween and playing a prank on someone.
4. We need more women in our club, too. We should abduct/kidnap more of them.
5. If we want to make those women long-term members, probably we should staple them to chair.
6. I would like to have success in my life. But I only achieve the first syllable of ‘success’. Thank you.