Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Roxana gave a speech about Antibiotics. She said that there are millions of bacterias surrounding us. She suggested to wash hands regularly. She also said that Antibiotics should not be taken often and not to push your doctor to prescribe antibiotics.
2. Rohit, one of our club members, was down with flu and hence didn’t attend the meeting.
3. Word of the day was ‘umbrella’.
4. One of the table topics was ‘what would be idea for Valentines Day?’. Another table topic was ‘Do you believe in magical numbers? What’s your lucky number?’
5. Marc talked about Google glass. He told that it’s too costly and if you have it, then people might get jealous and punch you in the face.
6. Marcel, during his speech, told that whatever we do in the club will earn us points. Roxana asked as to what’s the use of points and whether our Toastmasters club will compete with Toastmasters clubs in other cities.
7. There were few guests. During the beginning, they told they were here to get some tips on presentation skills. But looked like they were not interested in the meeting and they left during the break time.
The Humor Monologue
1. Good evening toastmasters, guests, and millions of bacterias.
2. My lucky number is 3. So, three people stay here, and the rest of you, please get out.
3. My idea for Valentines Day: “You and your valentine in a lovely garden with a bottle of costly wine. Pour the wine in Google glass. And punch her in the face.
4. I have a tip for presentation skill that the guests asked for. But they are not here to hear it. OK, anyway, I’m telling it for you people: “Never leave the hall until the presentation is over.”
5. Roxana, yeah, we are competing with other clubs. Yesterday, in the Mastricht Toastmasters club, word-of-the-day was ‘rain’. And ours is ‘umbrella’.
6. Do not push your doctor to give antibiotics. Sometimes, pull them.
7. There is not much difference between Rohit and the guests today. Rohit has flu and the guests flew.
8. I can keep on talking, but please excuse me. I have to go wash my hands.