Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Jitske told that she had lost her Competent Communication manual.
2. Marc talked about relocation. He had relocated 14 times so far in his life and been to many countries in Europe, US and Japan. He told that his hobby is unpacking bags (since he relocates a lot).
3. Mario evaluated Marc’s speech. He told that Marc was walking a lot during his speech and didn’t go well with what he was speaking. Mario also told that Marc was good with directions. i.e. when he said east, his hand pointed east and when he said west, his hand pointed west. And most people can’t do it correctly.
4. One of the table topics was (1+1=3). A sheet with (1+1=3) was given to Peter and he was asked to speak about it.
5. Chris explained his role as president. He told that the main role of president is to have pretty face.
6. One of the guests, Selcuk, told that the light is too dim on the stage and speakers were not clearly visible. Selcuk also talked during Table topics section. He told that he is going to have a son in November.
7. Mario talked about security. He started his speech by showing an enigma, a device that was used during world war for encrypting highly secret messages. Later, he mentioned the fact US spying on everyone. Mario also told that he joined Toastmasters because his boss asked him to do so.
8. Floris evaluated Mario’s speech. He told that Mario ended his speech abruptly and he was expecting Mario to talk something about enigma while ending his speech.
9. One of the past club members (before 3 years), Bastian, attended the meeting as a guest.
10. Rohit, the public relations officer, told that his one-and-only role is to make sure we get new members to the club.
The Humor Monologue
1. Hi guests, members, and old member.
2. It’s a pity that I had to call Bastian as old member. Because he is just 32.
3. My boss sent me here.
4. I am the secretary of this club. My main role is to have ugly face.
5. I have another role as secretary. That is to make sure that all members leave our club.
6. We don’t have proper lighting on the stage because the toastmasters requested for it. They didn’t want to see my ugly face.
7. In my bedroom, you will see mattress. In my living room, you will see couch, tv. In my store room, you will see Jitske’s Competent Communication manual.
8. My hobby is unpacking others’ bags.
9. Hi Mario, Marc walked a lot and moved here and there. He did that to support his speech – Relocation.
10. Like Marc, I relocate a lot too. From my bedroom to living room and living room to bath room.
11. Hi Jitske, if you want to know where your Competent Communication manual is, please get in touch with U.S. spy agency.
12. The table topic (1+1=3) would have been more appropriate to Selcuk. He+wife = 3 now.
13. East or west, Toastmasters is the best. (While saying ‘east’, i showed top and while telling ‘west’, i showed left side)
14. I don’t want to end my speech abruptly. Mario, please give me the enigma. Let me talk something about it. Thank you.