Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Jitske gave a speech about group development. She said the steps involved in group development are forming, storming, norming, performing.
2. The grammarian said that Jitske used nice short sentences in her speech.
3. Floris did his whole speech standing on one leg. He talked about his super power – ability to do everything in one leg.
4. Niels, one of the guests, came to the venue last Wednesday and found no meeting happening. It’s because our meetings happen on alternate Wednesdays.
5. Chris gave a wand to one of the speakers and told that the wand could make him any person he wants to be, and the speaker should talk about the negatives of the character he would become.
6. Ferdie talked about bit coins, which are replacement for money.
7. I evaluated Ferdie’s speech. I highlighted more negative points. The general evaluator said I didn’t follow sandwich evaluation method (positive -> Negative -> Positive).
8. Theme of the meeting was magic.
The Humor Monologue
1. Dear Toastmasters, guests, thank you. Bye. Wait, wait, I was just practicing nice short sentences.
2. Ferdie, sorry that I didn’t use sandwich method. I thought that my evaluation’s title was “Talk about negatives of Ferdie’s speech”.
3. Last meeting, one of the table topics participants came on the stage, didn’t speak, started thinking, didn’t speak, kept on thinking, and the time was over. The topic given to him was “Talk something positive about Bala”.
4. Niels, you came over here last week and found none of us here, right? But all of us were here. Chris did magic and made us disappear.
5. Group development in Toastmasters – we do it effectively. i.e. forming, storming, norming, performing. It was started by our ex-president Xioming.
6. Xiaoming is now in China. Because China has more people and forming groups there would be easier.
7. One time, Floris was caught by a terrorist group. He tried to escape, but they caught him again. The gang leader said, “Tie his legs”, and then he said, “Oh wait…”
8. Guests, if you want to become member, don’t transfer money to Toastmasters account. Pay by bit coins.