Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Last Saturday was King’s Day in the Netherlands. All people enjoyed. Mostly with beer. Bart said that he had Bacon and other good food called King’s breakfast.
2. Jessica told that relationships are defined by the space between the people.
3. Chris introduced Jessica as Division champion. Or in other words, champion of the Netherlands.
4. Mario’s speech title was “Screw the universe. I am having an ice cream”.
5. Chris began the meeting by saying, “I AM THE KING”.
6. Word of the day was ‘Water’.
7. Marc talked about how Portuguese used to find directions in 1600s.
8. During the meeting, the bartender (bar is nearby our meeting hall) interrupted the meeting and said something in Dutch and left.
9. The ah counter said, I used too many ah’s which were well hidden. Like-ah, Some-ah, Think-ah. Small ah’s at the end.
10. Bart said that he once went to a job fair, where they had workshop on public speaking. The room was fully packed.
The Humor Monologue
1. Hello people in the east, west, and south.
2. Chris is the king. And I am the joker.
3. Today, we have here Jessica, the division champion. Or she would like to be called champion of the country where people always keep drinking beer.
4. If you want to see people who are very good at relationship, go to a workshop on public speaking. Fully packed. No space at all between people.
5. After seeing King’s Day and Queen’s Day in the Netherlands, my friend said that the king and queen must have born as dogs. When I asked why, he said that every dog has its day.
6. King must have been very hungry last Saturday morning. Why? Because Bart ate King’s breakfast.
7. People of the Netherlands: “Screw the universe. I am having beer”.
8. I said some-ah, like-ah, think-ah etc. That’s the reason why I didn’t use word of the day. Because it’s ‘wat-ah’ (water).
9. The bartender interrupted the meeting and asked for something. He asked if we had champagne. I clarified that we don’t have champagne, rather we have champion.