Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. I participated in the Humor Speech contest. During which, I told in a funny way that audience sleep whenever I give speeches.
2. The topic for the Tabletopics contest was “Why should we ban TV?”
3. One of the contestants said, “I do my thing (giving speech). You do your thing (judging). I’ll not make it (the fact of judging) hold me from giving a good speech.
4. One of the contestants said that she is too short, so she can’t get any stuff from the top shelf in the supermarket. To not embarrass herself, she always buys things from the middle shelf.
5. The Dutch Tabletopics contest’s topic was “You have been kidnapped by a terrorist organisation. They ask for 2 million Euros. You have 10 minute time to make a video to send to people. You should convince people to donate money for you.”
6. One of the contestants said that once she was lost and someone helped her find her way.
The Humor Monologue
1. Hello Toastmasters, guests, and the people who are still not yet asleep.
2. Ban TV? Why? I have 2 lines to add to what everyone said. I wrote down ‘TV’ on the white board, and added 2 lines to make it look like ‘TM’. Ban TV. Become TM (Toastmaster).
3. When I give a speech, I do my thing and you do your thing. I give speech. And you sleep.
4. If you want people not to buy TVs, ask the store owner to place it in the top shelf.
5. Hello people, I am kidnapped by a terrorist organisation. They want 2 million Euros. Please help me. Please sell all your TVs to raise money. TVs are banned anyway.
6. Actually the people who kidnapped me are not Alqaeda or any terrorist organisation. They are actually TV show hosts who lost their jobs.
7. While getting back home this evening after this contest is over, someone will ask me, “Are you lost?”. I will wonder, “How come you know? There were 3 participants. And yes, I am last”.