Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. All the 13 members who attended the meeting were male. There was a guest. Her name is Mirjam.
2. Mirjam said that she feels little uncomfortable and it would be nice to have some lady company. Bart said there are many lady members, but they didn’t attend today.
3. Rick gave a speech. He said he loves big garden. He said he once had beer in Belgium.
4. Bart gave a speech from the storytelling series. Toastmaster-of-the-evening said that Bart’s speech progress is impressive. i.e. he did 11 speeches within 1 year. That’s like 1 speech every other meeting. Bart’s speech evaluator said he used too many pauses in the speech.
5. The general evaluator said that most speakers were dancing on the stage. i.e. walking too much.
6. One of the tabletopics was “How to catch a flight?”
The Humor Monologue
1. Hello lady & gentlemen.
2. Hey Mirjam, you are at the wrong club. This is “Toastmasters”, a club full of men. You should go to Toastmistresses.
3. When I joined Toastmasters, I saw a club full of men. I was not comfortable. But then Chris said that there are many ladies in the club. That was a trap.
4. Rick loves garden a lot. Do you know what beer he had in Belgium? It’s Hoegaarden.
5. Bart used too many pauses in his speech. But he doesn’t use any pause in between one speech and another. He’s raining speeches.
6. The speakers were dancing? Yes, it was really after the break… after they had too many beers.
7. I can go on and on, but hey I have to catch a flight. Thank you.