Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Out of 25 members, only 10 attended the meeting.
2. Justina said that she is a lawyer who doesn’t want to go to court. Since she is a lawyer, all the people who she meets would say “When I am in trouble, you can save me”. But she doesn’t like it and she would respond, “No, I won’t help”. I evaluated her speech and I summarized as ‘Wow’.
3. Inna said that she would like her manager to be a good coach too.
4. Rubin gave a speech in which he was holding his hands to his back all the time. He said he’s German; he likes to be a good coach; and he likes humor.
5. Bogdan said Toastmasters is a place full of people from different background. e.g. Mark from Technical background, Bala (me) more from humor background, Inna giving insightful speeches, etc and it helps gain different perspective. He also asked us to visit other clubs.
6. Word of the day was ‘Exuberant’ which means energetic. Julia said exuberant may also be used to denote woman with more curves (slang word).
7. While the meeting was going on, the security guard of the building entered, checked something, said something in Dutch and left.
8. Rick said Justina’s speech was waterfall of words.
The Humor Monologue
1. Good evening technical person, Lawyer, and insightful woman.
2. I am sporting a big beard. I want to protect my face because the winter is coming.
3. Like Bogdan said, visit other clubs, so that you will get to see many exuberants (woman with curves).
4. Rubin said he’s German and he likes humor. German and humor don’t fit well in the same sentence.
5. Do you know why I chose humor as my specialization at Toastmasters? Because I am very bad at mathematics. I can make people laugh and practice counting their teeth.
6. Out of 25 members, 15 didn’t show up. They are toastmasters who don’t want to go to Toastmasters meetings.
7. Hey, Inna, you’ve found your manager at this meeting itself. It’s Rubin, who likes to become a good coach.
8. Justina doesn’t play tennis, volley ball, basket ball. Because then she will have to go to the court.
9. When the security guard entered this room, I thought I was in a biggg trouble. I was about to ask Justina, “Could you help me?”
10. Rick copied my evaluation on Justina’s speech and repeated my lines. I said ‘WOW’. And he said ‘Waterfall Of Words’.
11. Rubin held his hands to his back. Do you know why? Because he’s giving his speech in front of a lawyer.