This was the first meeting in 2015. The meeting on Jan 7 was cancelled due to lack of attendance.
Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Chris described the month as ‘Chilly’ January.
2. There were quite some guests. Bogdan said he is seeing some happy new faces.
3. Bogdan’s speech was about cold call. He made a call to Marc and talked about some scheme and asked for his appointment for a face-to-face meeting. He asked the audience “Do you know why it’s important to have face-to-face meeting?”
4. Justina said, to succeed, you need to smell good. During interviews, if you wear nice perfume, your probability of getting selected is very high.
5. Richard said, to succeed in life, throw away TV. Jitske evaluated his speech. I was the timer and I forgot to time the evaluation.
6. One of the table-topics was “King of France has to plead mercy to the people and beg for life.” Floris talked. He said, “Forgive me. I want to go back to the palace. 25 wives are waiting for me.”
7. In another table topic, Winslow acted as interviewer and he interviewed me for a safe guard job. Winslow left the meeting early.
8. No one performed the grammarian role.
9. I evaluated Justina’s speech. While evaluating, I was referring to her in 3rd person. She did well.. she could’ve etc.. General evaluator said that it might be offensive. He asked me to use second person when the person is in the same room.
The Humor Monologue
1. I is performed Observational Humor role to made you laughed. No grammarian, right?
2. Happy new ear. Happy new nose, cheek, mouth. In short, Happy new faces, I see.
3. The main reason to have face-to-face meeting is that your client can’t smell you through phone.
4. If you want to succeed, you need scent. Here, this… [tossed a cent]. You need more of this.
5. Where is Winslow? I hope “HE” comes back. He is not in the room, right? I’m safe.
6. If Winslow comes back, I want to ask him if, during the interview, I smelled good.
7. Here in the Netherlands, in January, every day is chilly. Last month, I was in India. And every day, chili. I mean spicy food.
8. To succeed in life, keep working and never party. And that’s why I think people throw a party. Like they throw a TV.
9. Jitske evaluated Richard’s speech “Throw away your TV.” I missed to time her evaluation because I threw away the TV. Timing Vessel, I mean.
10. I don’t know why the king of France pleaded mercy. Dying is much better than going back to 25 wives. That’s more torture.