Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Tobias talked about “Good heating”. He mentioned Brian Tracy in his speech. Bogdan, his speech evaluator, said it touched his heart since he always liked Brian Tracy.
2. Mohammed said, “If you want to be a great runner, contact the best runner. If you want to be a great speaker, contact the best speaker.”
3. Rubin asked, “How many of you have had negative feelings?” During his speech, he asked us to think from the other person’s perspective too.
4. Raluca, one of the guests (who came once to our club in the past as guest), told she came back because she missed us. She is a member of another Toastmasters club. She said she is in the Netherlands on and off.
5. One of the lights in the meeting room was blinking.
6. One of the table topics was “Facebook is sued for data privacy. But you have to defend it.” Jaoa spoke on that topic.
7. Bogdan said he would explain 3 dimensions of success. But then he changed his mind and said he would rather explain 2 dimensions of success.
8. Rubin arrived late to the meeting. He always arrives late.
9. Sri gave her ice breaker speech.
The Humor Monologue
1. Good evening Toastmasters, guests, and Brian Tracy.
2. Hey, Bogdan, I hope it was heart touching.
3. If you want to be a great runner, contact the best runner. If you want to be a great speaker, contact the best speaker. If you want to be a great loser, contact me.
4. I am a great motivational speaker. When I give speeches, people lose all their negative feelings… and start sleeping.
5. Raluca and that light are the same. They are in the Netherlands On & Off.
6. Hi Raluca, next week, I’ll visit your club. Because I’ll miss you.
7. The lawyer who defended Facebook forgot to say the usual line. “If you thought my speech was good, then LIKE. If it was too good, then SHARE with your friends.
8. Bogdan explained just 2 dimensions of success, not 3 dimensions because we don’t have 3D glasses.
9. That blinking light is thinking from my perspective. It is nervous and shivering. That’s why it’s blinking.
10. Today all the speeches went well with the theme of the meeting “Warming up winter”. Tobias on “Good heating”, Bogdan on “Warming up by mentoring”, and Sri on “Ice BREAKER”.
11. If we want Rubin to be on time next meeting, then in the agenda, put 1 day ahead.