Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. Bogdan, president of the club, was not present. Hence I gave the president introduction.
2. In the Netherlands, Carnaval is going on. People dress like others – batman, superman, judge etc.
3. One of the table topics was “Impress a girl in the balcony”.
4. The meeting place where we normally meet was double booked. Before we arrived, another group arrived and they were having their meeting. We moved to a vacant space nearby and held our meeting.
5. Justina’s speech topic was “Write the unwritable”.
6. Julia, one of the speakers, didn’t show up. He was supposed to do project 7 – “Research your topic”. His speech title was “Get creative. Idea flow”.
7. The grammarian referred to Google for all his doubts. He mentioned, “Google says blah blah”.
8. Theme of the meeting was “Black moon”.
9. When I was about to give the humor monologue, on my way, my head hit the wall very hard. It made a huge sound. Everyone was shocked.
10. The ah-um counter Inna said that she only counted the filler words ‘ah’, ‘um’. But she didn’t count ‘so’, ‘and’ filler words.
11. There were 5 men and 5 women at the meeting.
The Humor Monologue
1. I hit my head on the wall because I wanted to begin my speech with a ‘bang’.
2. Ok ok. I’m just kidding. Since I’m the president today, I wanted to show you I’m the ‘head’ of this club.
3. This evening is well balanced. 1) A meeting going on there and a meeting going on here. 2) Five men and five women and 3) All interesting speeches are over and here comes my speech.
4. I am going to tell jokes. Laugh at the unlaughable. Please.
5. Don’t try to impress the ladies in balcony during carnaval time. That may be a guy dressed like lady.
6. To be more romantic with your lady, you can say “Honey, look how beautiful the moon is. Oh wait.. today is black moon… Anyway, look at the unlookable.”
7. The last speaker, Julia. He’s not here. He is supposed to do project 7 – “Research your topic”. I think he’s still researching his topic.
8. Next meeting, he’ll come up with creative excuses for why he’s not here.
9. Inna listened to the ‘ah’, ‘um’ “sound”. But not “so, and”.
10. Tonight, timer role was performed by Inna, general evaluator role was performed by Floris, and the grammarian role was performed by Google.