Read the set-up below and then read the humor monologue.
THE SET-UP (What was said and what happened during the meeting before the monologue was delivered)
1. One of the tabletopics was “What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen. And convince the audience to watch it.” Bart talked. He said “Scary movie” is the worst. He said, a girl walks topless in the movie. That’s one good point to watch it. Then he corrected himself, “Wait.. that’s 2 good points”. (You know what he meant)
2. One of the table topics was “Act like a frog and convince a princess to kiss it”. Floris was talking. At that time Jitske entered the meeting room (she was late) and he described her as princess.
3. Rubin talked about building websites. He said, “Less is more”. He finished his speech in 9.5 minutes. That’s 3 minutes overtime.
4. Richard said he built a website for someone and he got that person’s car for free in return.
5. Richard said, “To succeed in life, don’t always enjoy pleasure. Take some bad things too. Like, if you eat broccoli a lot and avoid chocolates, you’ll be healthy and successful.”
6. Justina’s speech topic was “Conduct yourself”. She asked everyone to stand in front of mirror and act like the music conductor and practice our speeches. She said it’d help develop body language and express freely.
7. Wilhelm evaluated Rubin’s speech. He said that Rubin moved his hands a lot. While going back to his seat, Wilhelm forgot to shake hands with the general evaluator.
8. Richard’s speech evaluator said that it’s have been nice if he had also given personal definition of success.
The Humor Monologue
1. I’m going to give the worst speech you’d have ever heard. I can’t convince you to listen to it because I don’t even have “ONE” good point.
2. The frog was trying to kiss a dead princess?? Because the princess was “late”.
3. Less is more? Ok. Rubin, who said this, talked 3 minutes more than allocated time.
4. Hey Richard, the website you built for me crashed. To be fair, go drive the car I gave you… and crash.
5. Don’t forget to eat broccoli before you drive. So that you’ll be successful in crashing.
6. I stood in front of a mirror and I was conducting myself. Then the queue started getting longer in the office toilet.
7. Wilhelm follows what he preaches. He asked Rubin not to shake his hands. And Wilhelm didn’t shake hands with Tobias.
8. My personal definition of success. Never go to stage.